Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My BIKE!

I got it back from Baer Wheels on High Street on Saturday.  It needed a little work.  The man who worked on it said it got so many compliments while it was there.  Its a great classic.  Someone told me that it was the bike that was very enthusiastically exported by Schwinn to Asia and EU back in the 60's.  I love this bike.  I ride along the Olentangy River every day if I can, all the way down to the OSU dorms where it smells like lousy burnt frozen pizza.  Then back and a ways down the other way and then back, maybe 5 miles.  Its a heavy slow old bike that has a funny bump when you ride it.  It squeaks like people having great sex on an old box spring.  It has a wonderful metal basket on the front and metal saddlebags on the back.  I am so glad I have this bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment