Thursday, May 14, 2009

hands and feet

I love my hands and feet and believe that they are among my very best assets.  My foot hurts today- it was a minor sprain that I ignored and it got worse so today I am staying off my feet and its much much better.
What is pain for?  I know that physical pain is a warning.  But what about emotional pain?  Is that a warning, too?  Neither one will kill you, in and of itself, I don't think.  I used to think that powerful feelings (like pain, sadness, anger, joy) might kill me but it never did.  It was like being afraid of the needle.  Sure it hurt but it never killed me.  Signals, is that what they are?  Are they signs, warnings?  Why does something really really good sometimes hurt so much?  There is so much I do not really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment